Mistakes and Consequences - Part 5
Insinuations
By Mega Raichu

Raichu excused himself to prepare for the upcoming journey to find Dr. Ditto. He called for Sheena to take Mewtwo somewhere so he could rest. Sheena led Mewtwo out of the office and back into the corridor. Soon they came to the end of the corridor and emerged out into the village square. There was some commotion in the central square. A large group of kids were standing in a circle and cheering loudly. Sheena could sense Mewtwo's curiosity and led him into the commotion. There were two children having it out with each other in an immense battle. Mewtwo watched in amazement as a Hitmonchan hybrid and Hitmonlee hybrid exchanged blows.

"Just like Pokémon, we too can fight." Sheena said.

Mewtwo remained silent as he watched the two battlers fight. They Hitmonlee caught the Hitmonchan with a hard kick, which sent the Hitmonchan to the ground.

"Do you all battle like that?" Mewtwo asked.

"Yes. All of us. We start fighting at a very young age." She said.

"Do you battle? You personally?" Mewtwo asked.

"Yes. I have been known to dabble in the fighting arts."

"Hmm."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing."

"You think that just because I'm a woman that I can't fight well?"

"I never said that."

"You insinuated it."

"No I didn't. You're putting words in my mouth."

"Hmph. You're just scared that I'd win if I fought you."

"Do you doubt MY power?"

"Ditto beat you. Why would I have any trouble?"

"Very well. Let's see what you're made of."

The group of children recognized the challenge and formed a circle around the two. Sheena tossed off her doctors coat and assumed a battle position. Mewtwo summoned some of his strength and a blue aura formed around him. Sheena charged at him. She raised her arm and attempted a thunderpunch, but Mewtwo dodged and released a psychic blast at her. She was hit by the blast and was knocked to the ground but she quickly got up and released a thunderbolt at Mewtwo. Mewtwo deflected the attack and the electricity was sent safely away into the sky. Sheena surprised Mewtwo with a mega punch to his jaw. Mewtwo lost his concentration and his aura disappeared. Sheena saw this as an opportunity to attack and let loose with another thunderbolt but Mewtwo quickly set up a barrier and the attack was absorbed by the barrier. Mewtwo regained his concentration and his aura reformed. Mewtwo then let loose with a psybeam attack. Sheena could not dodge and raised her arms in an attempt to defend herself, but she took the full brunt of the attack and was knocked back. She quickly jumped up and began to concentrate on her electricity. Mewtwo saw this and reinforced his barrier. Sheena then pushed her arms forward and a basketball sized ball of electricity shot out from her hands and sped towards Mewtwo. The ball of electricity shattered Mewtwo's barrier and slammed into Mewtwo. Mewtwo was knocked down, but Mewtwo quickly regained his bearings. But before either of them could react, a large bolt of electricity slammed between them, knocking them both back. In it's place stood Raichu. The children began to cheer.

"What's going on here?" Raichu asked.

"She started it." Mewtwo said.

"We were just having a battle Raichu, it's nothing personal." Sheena said.

"This isn't the time for games." Raichu said.

"Games?" Mewtwo asked under his breath.

"Mewtwo, we leave in the morning." Raichu said and then he turned to Sheena, "Sheena, see that he gets a hot meal and a warm bed. And no more games."

Raichu turned to walk away. Several of the children were following him, begging him to play. Sheena picked up her coat and then led Mewtwo to a building.

"What did he mean by 'games'?" Mewtwo asked.

"Battling is our only entertainment. It's like when kittens play to learn to hunt." Sheena said.

Mewtwo accepted that.

"By the way, I'm going with you two tomorrow." Sheena said.

"What? Why?" Mewtwo asked.

"Because, I want to make sure nothing happens to Raichu." She said.

"Why should you care what happens to him?" Mewtwo asked.

"Because. He's my fiancee." She said.

She led him to a small building and opened the door.

"This will be yours for now." She said. "I'll bring you some food tonight."

She turned to walk away. Mewtwo entered the building. It was a small home. It was decorated rather blandly. The walls were drab white and the ceiling was just wood, not painted. There was a large couch and a table next to a large fireplace. Mewtwo sat down on the couch and began to meditate. After an hour, there was a knock at the door. Mewtwo opened the door and Raichu was there with a plate of steamed vegetables. Mewtwo let Raichu in and they talked about what they were going to do.

"I've done some research on Dr. Ditto. It seems as though he's got himself holed up somewhere in Lavender. All we gotta do is go there, find him, and get him back here and lock him up really good." Raichu said.

"How do you plan to do that?" Mewtwo asked.

"We have a force field prison cell that not even he can break out of." Raichu said. "All we gotta do is catch him."

"Easier said than done." Mewtwo said.

"I realize that, but we have to try. We leave at dawn." Raichu said.