Mistakes and Consequences - Part 3
Mewtwo's Unconscious Encounter
By Mega Raichu

(Thoughts)

Mewtwo had been out for a long time. Though, in this state, he had no ability to tell how much time had passed. He was half asleep. He could hear what was going on, yet he could do nothing but rest. He had been slipping in and out of consciousness for some time. Every now and then he would begin to dream. He would recognize that he was dreaming and then try to wake himself. He heard himself groan.

"Oh! It appears as though our friend is finally coming to." A soft, and very feminine voice said.

The voice forced memories of Mew into Mewtwo's mind. That voice was so similar to Mew's.

(Mew?! Are you here?) Mewtwo thought.

Mew and Mewtwo had gotten separated from each other when flying away from New Island. There was a terrible storm that Mewtwo could not handle, nor could Mew. They were both thrown to the earth, and Mewtwo had been searching for her ever since.

(Mew. Have I finally found you?) He thought.

"Such an interesting specimen." The female voice said.

"Just don't get too attached. I want to see him when he's better." A masculine voice said.

There was a sound like the closing of a door. Then there were footsteps. Mewtwo pried his eyes open. He saw a white ceiling. He moved his line of sight around the room. It was all white, with computers and beds with tables next to them. There cabinets on the walls.

"How are you?" The female voice asked.

Mewtwo moved his vision to the source of the voice. He frowned as the source was not Mew.

"You are not Mew." Mewtwo said.

"Of course I'm not. I am Raicheena. And I'm your doctor." Raicheena said.

Raicheena stood about five feet seven inches. She was very slender, and you could make out her curves through her doctor's coat. Her brown hair was cut short, not even shoulder length. She had wide bright blue eyes. But it was her ears that Mewtwo noticed first. They were raichu ears. And now that he thought about it, her skin was quite tan, her nose was a small black dot on her face, and she had the trademark yellow circles on her cheeks. The tip of her tail was visible above her shoulder.

"What are you?" Mewtwo asked.

"I should be asking you the same thing." Raicheena said.

"I asked first, Raicheena." Mewtwo said.

"Call me Sheena. Everything will be explained to you later." She said.

Mewtwo felt a small sting on his right arm as Sheena gave him an injection.

"That will help you sleep." She said.

"I thought Chanseys were supposed to be doctors." Mewtwo said groggily, the medicine already beginning to take effect.

"Shows how much you know." Sheena said.

Mewtwo closed his eyes and fell asleep.

Mewtwo soon realized that he was dreaming. But this time, because of the medicine in his bloodstream, he could not wake himself. Mewtwo hated to dream. He would always use any means necessary to avoid falling asleep. The most effective ploy he used to avoid falling asleep was to use his Restore ability. Mewtwo had not slept in days, weeks perhaps. He loathed sleeping. Sleeping brought about dreams. And his dreams were always the same. He would appear in his mind-palace. The place that all of the stresses of his life had subconsciously created to store all of his memories. Mewtwo hated this place. It was huge. A high ceiling with huge columns that went on for as far as the eye could see. The entire place was done in several shades of marble. Along the walls were doors. Many, many doors. They went on forever along the walls of the palace. Mewtwo then saw something ahead. A light. It was bright blue. Mewtwo took a step forward, and the entire palace moved with him, only in the opposite direction, allowing Mewtwo quick passage. He then found the source of the light, a small hand held mirror. Mewtwo grabbed the mirror and looked into it. In the mirror, he saw a reflection of his former self, of what he was before. A Mew. Mewtwo dropped the mirror. Those memories were always to most painful. Mewtwo went to a nearby door. The hand looked as though it had been used several times. And it had been. Behind that door was Mewtwo's favorite memory. He opened the door and stepped through. He stood on a high branch in a tree, overlooking a river. Down by the river were three small creatures. Mewtwo knew who they were. Each was a Mew. The larger one, was himself as he was before. The second largest was his mate. The third, and smallest was his only offspring, a female Mew. The three were happily splashing in the river. He could hear the three giggle and laugh as they tossed the water and mud around. A weak smile crossed Mewtwo's face. But suddenly, the entire image before him began to retreat until the entire image was on a large cinema screen. Mewtwo stood in a pitch black room, watching his memory. He turned and then saw himself standing in front of him.

"Why can't I remember everything? I don't even remember their names." Mewtwo said.

"That's because I am not whole." The other Mewtwo said.

"Whole?" Mewtwo asked.

"They only used part of my DNA to clone me. That is why my memories are not whole. I am not whole." The other Mewtwo said.

"Memory is stored in DNA?" Mewtwo asked.

"In the spaces between the four bases, between the hydrogen bonds, the memories may be there." The other Mewtwo said.

"If only it could be proven." Mewtwo said.

The other Mewtwo disappeared. A voice resounded in the room. Mewtwo recognized it as his own.

"I have two priorities now. One : get that Ditto thing, and kill it. Two : Find Mew. Afterwards, I'll ponder the secrets of getting my memories back." His voice said.

The entire room went black. Mewtwo felt himself coming to. He opened his eyes and sat up.

"Oh. You're awake." Sheena said from the back of the room. "I was wondering when you were going to rejoin us."

Mewtwo felt refreshed. It was that refreshing feeling that one can only achieve from a good night's sleep.

"I have someone I want you to meet." Sheena said as she walked over to him.

"Who?" Mewtwo asked.

"Our leader." Sheena said.